Saturday, December 31, 2016

Washing Away 2016





I cannot believe that 2017 is just a few hours away! Where has 2016 gone? It seems like it just ran past us. I can still remember the super bowl party I attended as if it were yesterday. Wow! Time is surely flying.

2016 was not kind to many. The greatest loss for me was the loss of my favorite musician, Prince. I Adored Prince! My heart still aches. Such a sad loss. Rest well your Purple Badness. You will live in our hearts forever. 💜☔️🙏🏽

I know a lot of people that have had a rough year, lots of lessons. If 2016 affected you in a significant way...What did you learn? Have you reflected? Have you set your goals for 2017? Without set and written goals, our ideas are just mere thoughts. Surely you've learned something. None of us are perfect. We are all here to learn and grow. Sometimes we get so caught up with what we're going through, we don't digest it to learn and grow from it. Take a few moments, relax, and breathe. Breathe in and imagine the good, breathe out to release the bad. In time, you will learn to just be still. You will notice the tests and lessons, and your spirit will give you the answers to address them properly. 
To bring in new energy, you have to release the old energy. Don't drag toxic energy into 2017. Be mindful that forgiveness and release are the only ways to move forward. 

Lord knows the last few years have been quite a roller coaster ride for me, personally. I've had non-stop crash courses of tests and lessons. I'm thankful that 2016 (though there were some hick ups) was much smoother than the past few years.
So as I Reflect, Release, and begin to Restore mentally, emotionally, and spiritually for the new year, I think about the specific lessons that 2016 brought to me. 

I learned 4 things: 
1- Always follow my intuition because it has never failed me. 
Our intuition is our Spirit leading us, learn to trust and follow it.

2- Don't allow things to build up. Address situations as they present themselves.
Open, honest communication is important to all relationships be it personal or professional.

3- Stop analyzing everything. I had a bad habit of observing situations, people, behavioral traits, and patterns. Analyzing leads to over-analyzing and causes things that weren't there to be created. Everything is not meant to be dissected. Learn to live in the moment, don't try to rush the process.
Because we are creators, anything that we focus on eventually materializes in our current reality.

You'd think I would already know that right? I did, and do, and though I've seen it happen to people around me, witnessing it happen in my reality, knowing I caused it, well, it hurt. 

When something hurts your spirit, you'll feel it in the pit of your soul. It will disturb you, that's how you recognize the major lessons that are intended to grow you.

4. Listen effectively. Not everything deserves a response. 
I remember reading something once that said, "People don't listen to understand, they listen to respond."
I've been told that at times I only listen to what I want to hear or only see the projection I have of a situation. So I will listen to understand, and not project.

These 4 points are what stood out to me in 2016. This is what I need to hone in and address going forward and through 2017.

Start by addressing what you need to work on, set your goals for 2017, and then state your intentions for the new year. But don't be so hard on yourself if you don't start right away, or complete what you set in that time frame. Understand that although this is the beginning of the year calendar wise, it's only man made. The calendar year is a factor only by condition and learned behavior. Don't let society dictate when you can start or finish something, and don't let this be a deterrent for you to start something new in the middle of the year or whenever your timing is right. 
Universal time is infinite, so whenever something is supposed to be it will be. You can't force it or put a date on it. Sometimes the universe has its own due date and regardless of how much you try to make something happen, it will never work because according to universal law, when the time is right it will be right, and it will get done at that time.

Hold the people that believe in you, who love you, don't give up on you, and are there for you near and dear. They are irreplaceable. Understand that Time is valuable, so don't waste time trying to restore friendships, relationships, and partnerships that are not serving you, and not matching your energy and effort. Wish them well, and send them love, then release them to move forward.
Know that You are the Creator of your life. Create with those that match your vibration, release those who don't. 
Learn to be happy with yourself and where you are throughout the process, and be sure to:
#SpreadLove
#BeALight
#PreachPeace

I hope 2017 serves you well, and brings you an abundance of what your heart desires. 

Have a great 2017 everyone!!!

Peace, Love, and lots of Light, 

~A2

No comments:

Post a Comment